Sunday, April 27, 2008

WEEK 9

The only area that had articles for my grade level was technology which was great since that is what my master's is on. I am hoping the other areas will get articles for my grade level, because this site appears to be pretty good. The article on The 10 Best Science Museums on the Web is going to be very useful, because I am forever trying to find science information for my students (next year we will finally have 2nd grade science books). The Exploratorium, its a fun site I could spend hours on it. I visited Ice Stories and watched a webcast from real scientist from the artic. I believe my students would get a total kick out of this live webcast. I also found the hands-on activities. The salt volcano lesson had steps that were easy to follow and comprehend. This museum has so much more from science activities, webcast to experiments. I then visited Ology museum. The live videos are child friendly and inviting. Before the video begans, the student is challenged to put the video in the correct order and then watch it. It also has an exciting vitual tour on the solar system and hands-on project on making a coral reef.

No comments: